Protect Your Website Against Hackers – Orange County Web Design
In order to protect your website from hackers, you must take a proactive stand every single day. As soon as you let your guard down, the hackers will manage to get into your data. Keep in mind, that hackers can do damage from inside a company as well. It is especially important to protect yourself. While the following can help, Orange County web design professionals agree that the best way to protect your website is by updating your website regularly.
- Maintain your servers in a locked location and allow only designated personnel access to them.
- Keep all virus protection up to date. Require all employees to complete a virus scan every single day.
- Be very specific about the types of passwords that you allow. All passwords should be an alphanumeric combination and should be changed on a regular basis. Never share your admin password with anyone.
- Always limit access to files. If an employee is responsible for working on one project, they don’t need access to every file on your website.
- Run only current scripts for your web pages. Hackers will look for dated scripts because they are more likely to have holes in them.
- Take the steps necessary to disable old employee’s passwords. This should be done before they even leave the building. Also, close any accounts that they have with the company.
- Set up a firewall and take the steps needed to keep it secure. This protects your website from outside hackers when you connect to the Internet.
Alter Impact understands how important it is to have a functional website. We also know how frustrating it can be to deal with hackers. In order to protect your website, it must be up-to-date and updated regularly. Please contact us for more information.