Marketing your Non-Profit Organization
Marketing is extremely important for non-profit organizations. However, many non-profits don’t know how or why to market their organization. Simply put, marketing helps satisfy your consumer and donor needs. The following tips will help you get started.
- You need to figure out your target audience. It’s a good idea to research organizations and associations that are similar to your own.
- Determine the desired outcome of your marketing efforts.
- Using the information that you have gathered, create brochures and marketing materials that describe the benefits, services, donation opportunities and values of your organization. Design is extremely important here. Consider hiring an experienced graphic designer.
- Develop a social media marketing strategy. Social media websites such as Twitter and Facebook provide low cost and effective ways to reach out to individuals and companies that are interested in your organization. Social media is an excellent way to reach those who are passionate about causes. If you are unsure where to start, enlist the help of a social media marketing specialist.
- In order to reach the most people, you will need to develop and maintain a professional website. A website is an excellent place to display useful information, news, monthly newsletters and events. It’s also a place to create community, share alternatives to donating money and showcase the benefits of your organization. For best results, your website should be professionally designed.
- Research and maintain your prospect and customer databases. Never waste these resources. They can be used for special mailings, follow-up phone calls, event invitations, alliance development, research profiling and market segmentation.
- Advertise the results and objectives of your organization. It can be beneficial to show those that are receiving benefits, inversions, activities and projects.
- Actively search for alliances with other organizations, commerce, government, advertising media and business. Doing so will typically bring the most benefits to your non-profit organization.
Alter Impact has worked with many respectable non-profit organizations. Our marketing efforts have proven effects. We offer all levels of marketing including logo design, web design, graphic design and social media marketing. We offer a variety of marketing packages to suit every budget.
If you’re ready to attract more people to your non-profit organization, please contact us today!